Tournament Staking -
Back Your Favourite Players
Simple and easy
Easy and quick to use, it’s another thrilling way to share the excitement with other Natural8 players and Ambassadors.
Share the excitement
Back your friends or get behind your favourite Team Hot Ambassadors. Alternatively, sell your own action to others to share the journey and the cost.
Buy Some Action or Sell Your Own
With the Tournament Staking feature integrated directly into the Natural8 app, players can invest in others by buying a percentage of their ‘actions’, a proportion of the cost of their entry fee into the tournament with an added player-defined margin.
Conversely, players are also able to sell their own actions to spread the cost of their tournaments. Check out the tournament performance records of any player (including yourself) selling action through the "Staking Profile" page in the tournament lobby of the Natural8 app.
Action is sold in 1% increments and in 0.1% increments for tournaments with buy-ins of USD $5,000/CN￥5,000 and above, and up to 90% of it can be made available to backers. There’s no fee charged to use this Staking feature – so any wins you share with your friends and other players are all yours!
Day 2 Staking is Now Available!
Players who make it past Day 1 in phased tournaments can now continue selling their action, making railing a multi-day event more exciting than ever!
For shares sold on Day 2, the Adjusted for Stack (AdjS) formula will be applied.
Adjusted for Stack->
1.35*(Player's Current Chips/Starting Chips)^0.75
Price Per 1% of share->
(Adjusted for Stack)*(Buy-In)*(Mark Up)*0.01
As an example, if a player's starting chips on Day 1 were 10,000 and they had 100,000 chips on Day 2, the AdjS would be 7.59. If the buy-in of the tournament was $100 and the player set the markup at 2, the price for 1% of the player's share would be $15.18.
Follow & Chat With Your Favourite Players
You can now follow other players through the Tournament Lobby. Once you have followed someone, you will be able to find them at My Page > Sellers You Follow.
Check to see if your favourite players are selling their shares from the “My Page” section, as well as open relevant tournament lobbies. View your staking history under the “My Staking Tab” in PokerCraft.
Even better, now sellers and backers can also chat in their private chatbox!
Chat dialogue will pop up when you click on the “Staking Chat” button in the staking panel of the tournament lobby. You can see a full list of all your staking chats currently in progress at My Page > Current Stakers.
Tournament Staking - How It Works
The "Staking" tab is found in the tournament lobby of all eligible events.
After registering for a tournament, sellers (players selling their action) must set the percentage of their action for sale as well as the mark-up that they are selling it for. Players can value their actions however they see fit. Don't forget to add in a word or two under Personal Notes so that buyers can know a bit more about yourself as a player!
For example, if the buy-in for the event was $10, you might be determined to sell your action at 2x the price of tournament entry because you felt that you had an edge and a good chance of turning a profit.
Let's say you ended up selling 50% of your buy-in at this markup of 2x. This means that a backer who purchased 5% of your action paid $1 in total. In the event that you made a profit, this backer would receive the equivalent percentage of your winnings that they purchased. If you won $100, your backer would receive 5% of your total pay-out as a result, which would be $5.
As a seller, you can also utilise the auto tournament unregistration function. With this function, you can set the minimum limit of shares that has to be sold to remain registered in the tournament. If this minimum limit is not reached, you will be automatically unregistered from the tournament.
Everything Else You Need to Know
1) To sell action, the sellers must register for the tournament and set a markup as well as how many shares they want to sell. Action can only be sold during the tournament registration period (before late registration), and sellers have the right to cancel their sales at any time before the tournament starts.
2) If the sellers wish to sell actions with multiple re-entries into a tournament, they must use the Multi-Entry Staking.
3) The Share Dilution option will be enabled when they use Multi-Entry Staking.
4) With the Share Dilution option enabled, each buyer’s share will be diluted depending on the number of re-entries.
If the buyer bought 20% of the share, and the seller they staked on re-entered after a knockout, increasing the seller’s total entries to two entries, the buyer’s share would be diluted to 10%.
5) To buy action, buyers must purchase stakes in increments of 1% (or 0.1% in the case of some high-roller events). Buyers must pay the full amount of the stakes they buy.
6) Stakes are non-refundable except in certain specific situations:
If the seller subsequently cancels the sale of their action, or
If the seller unregisters from the tournament before it begins, or
If a tournament is cancelled for unforeseen circumstances
7) Sellers are paid for the stakes they have sold when they win or are knocked out of the tournament. Any tournament prize money that a staked player wins will be distributed automatically amongst their backers in proportion to the stakes purchased.
8) Once a player opts to sell their action, their 'Staking Profile' page will be accessible to potential backers. This profile provides a history of the player's tournament performance records.
9) Auto unregistration is unavailable under the following conditions:
It is not available for Day 2 / Final Day Staking
It is not available for players who have entered a tournament through a satellite seat
It is not available for players who have been manually entered into a tournament for operational purposes
Feature: Tournament Staking
You'll Love: The chance to win prizes without playing!
Perfect For: Players of all bankrolls
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you need more assistance, feel free to contact our friendly support staff who are ready to assist you 24/7.
How would I know which sellers are selling actions with multiple re-entries?
Sellers who use Multi-Entry Staking will have the Share Dilution option enabled. There will be an icon displayed right next to their names and these sellers will be sorted to the top of the list.
Do I get Fish Buffet Points for staking?
No. Buyers will not receive Fish Buffet Points. Only sellers will receive the Fish Buffet Points.
Why is the sale of my stakes/action cancelled?
The sale can be cancelled if the tournament itself is cancelled for any reason. If the cancelled tournament is relaunched, you will need to sell your stakes/action again.
Will I get anything if the tournament is a bounty tournament?
The shares for bounty payments will be paid out when the seller is eliminated or wins the Bounty Tournament. For Multi-Entry Staking, the bounty payments will be determined according to the final share dilution.
Where can I find the “Current Stakers” and “Sellers You Follow” tabs on my phone?
The “Current Stakers” and “Sellers You Follow” tabs are only available on PC.
Terms & Conditions
- Players must be aged 18 and above to participate in this promotion.
- Tournament Staking may not be available for all tournaments.
- This feature is strictly for staking purposes and no other activity or intent is permitted.
- There is a risk of financial loss when staking other players, and Natural8 bears no responsibility for any such loss. Use of this feature is at the player’s sole option, discretion, and risk.
- By selling action, the information on a player’s "Staking Profile" will be accessible to potential backers.
- Natural8 reserves the right to add or suspend Tournament Staking at any time.
- This game uses 1 deck of 52 cards and the deck is shuffled after each hand.
- Natural8 reserves the right to investigate any players suspected of fraudulent activity, and take any necessary action. In the event of multi-accounting, bonus hunting, or foul play, Natural8 reserves the right to forfeit any prize amounts that have been paid along with any remaining cash balances, without prior notice.
- Natural8 reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time without prior notice, and at its sole and absolute discretion.
- This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the Natural8 website.
- Natural8 is an advocate of safer gambling. If you feel you might have an online gambling problem, do seek further advice or counseling at www.begambleaware.org