Tournaments became popular quickly after televised poker shows. Since then, they’ve been the game format with the biggest interest in online poker. It’s easy to see why tournaments are such a favored concept in poker. With a relatively little buy-in, you have the chance of making a huge payday at the final table. Sometimes it can even be a life-changing amount!
Outstanding convenience of playing
A few decades ago your only option to play poker tournaments was driving to your nearest casino and staying there for the duration of the tourney. Thanks to modern technology providing us with the internet, computers & smartphones, those days are long gone. With online tournaments, you can play from the comfort of your home wearing your pajamas or whatever clothing you like the best. Just fire up your PC, laptop, or mobile device to enter!
The excitement of final tables
Imagine the following scenario while playing in a tourney. You’ve played for many hours in a field of thousand players and you’re finally there: The big final table. This is tournament poker at its best: The thrill of getting a big pocket pair when playing for significant money, the dynamics of the final table with both big and short stacks, and the chance to make a big bluff to take on the chip leads. These and many other elements make tournament poker like no other game!
‘’For me, poker is about feeling something when the stakes are high. You get to live the moments when time seems to stand still – everything moves in slow-motion. What will the river card be? We don’t know yet, but it can change your fate in the tournament!’’
-‘TheJudas’, winner of two SCOOP titles in Omaha events & regular high stakes player
Games for every taste
There are endless possibilities when it comes to tournament formats and games. With up to $5 million to be won weekly at Natural8, you can choose your favorite from the likes of Bounty Hunters, High Rollers, Daily Guarantees, Omaholic, GGMasters, and more.
Play with poker celebrities
Did you know famous poker players like Daniel Negreanu and Dan Bilzerian play at GG Network? By choosing Natural8, you can test your poker skills in tournaments against many poker celebs and ambassadors like Danny Tang and Kitty Kuo.
The fun factor
When was the last time you played a game and had some fun? For many grown-ups, taking care of their daily responsibilities can result in reducing the fun and playful moments in their lives. Online poker tournaments can bring you the fun back. You’ll experience many exciting situations like playing during the bubble or making the final table.
Online Poker Tournaments FAQs
- What are online poker tournaments? In poker tournaments held online, many players compete for prize pools consisting of the entry buy-ins or prize money guaranteed by poker sites. Every player who participates has to pay the same buy-in for entering. All players start with the same number of chips and the last player left in the game is the winner. The blind levels gradually increase as the tournament advances.
- How long do online poker tournaments last? A typical tournament online can last between 4-6 hours. Turbo tournaments can be over in under 4 hours, and deepstack tourneys can last for 6-10 hours.
- What are the different tournament formats? The most common tournament formats are freezeouts, rebuys, and re-entry tournaments. In a freezeout tournament, each player is eliminated once they run out of chips. Rebuy tournaments give you the option to re-buy back into the game if you go bust and the rebuy period is still on. In re-entry tournaments, you are allowed to register again for the same event if you bust all your chips. You will be given a new seat at a new table in this case.
- What is a satellite poker tournament? A qualifying event is called a satellite tournament in poker. Winners of the satellite are awarded a buy-in fee to a larger event, such as the WSOP Online Main Event. By playing satellite tournaments, you can get a ticket to a larger buy-in event with a rather small investment.
- What are freeroll poker tournaments? Freeroll tournaments are events with real prizes but none costs to enter for the players. Freerolls give you the chance to build a poker bankroll without risking anything. In case you don’t yet want to play real-money tournaments, freerolls like the Hourly Freerolls are an excellent option to try out online poker. Jump into the action at Natural8 and you can win a share of the $240 daily prize pool from Monday to Saturday!